TO DEVELOP FLEET-READY SAILORS WHO POSSESS THE BASIC FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS NECESSARY TO SUPPORT THE NATION'S WAR-FIGHTING AND INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS
WE ARE PROFESSIONALS COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH EXCEPTIONAL LEADERSHIP, SUPPORT, MENTORSHIP, INSTRUCTIONAL EXPERTISE AND CONTINUAL PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Exemplify and uphold the highest standards.
- Seize ownership and accountability for IWTC Monterey's success and mission accomplishment.
- Perpetuate the continuum of personal and professional development.
- Honor and enrich our naval heritage daily.
- Our customer's success is the best measure of our success.
- We set the standards that we expect our customer to follow.
- We treat each customer fairly, without prejudice, and make objectively-based decisions.
- We keep our customers informed.
- We are there when our customer needs help; academically, professionally, and personally.
- We make the best use of our customer's time beyond that spent in language class, from check-in to check-out.
- There is a best language for each customer, and we work together to find the best choice, consistent with the Navy's requirements.
- We accept responsibilities for our own actions. We do not penalize the collective for the actions of an individual.
- We balance our customer's privacy and privileges with the needs of community living. Whenever we can, we bias the scales towards the individual.
- We develop leaders by empowering the Chain-of-Command.
- Our customer should leave Monterey feeling good about his or her experience; personally, academically, and militarily. If so, we should understand why; if not, we should understand why not.
When you arrive at the DLI proceed to the IWTCM quarterdeck located in Building 629A on Caffrey Court. The quarterdeck is manned 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Bring your orders with you so that they may be stamped & receive further instruction. You are required to be in uniform if checking in during normal working hours.
For Directions to Presidio of Monterey click here
Where will I live?
This is a common question plaguing students before transfer to IWTC Monterey.
**There currently is no berthing for Geographical Bachelors.**
Single Sailors E3 and below will be required to reside in the barracks on the Presidio of Monterey (POM). You will reside ashore if you are staff, student officer, staff enlisted (E4 and above), student Fleet returnees (E4 and above).
Each Sailor has a minimum of 72 to 90 square feet space in the barracks rooms.
The furniture for each Sailor consists of:
- 1 Locker – 42”W x 74”H x 24”D with 1 shelf 42”W x 22”D
- 1 Single Bed with storage, 2 – 28”W x 7”H x 20”D
- 1 Desk - 3 drawers
- 1 Desk chair
- 1 Single bed
What not to bring:
- TV's (provided in all lounges),
- Personal furniture of any kind (not authorized)
- Large amounts of clothing (no space)
There is limited bicycle storage (outside). It is not suited for long term storage, because of the damp climate in this area. If you plan to bring a bicycle, please contact BEQ and we will try to find a storage solution for you.
Cars: Barracks students the parking is extremely limited on the Presidio of Monterey. There is limited open parking around the barracks buildings.
Public transportation is available - DLI Bus Schedule
Single Students and Staff (E-5 and above) have the option of receiving BAH and reside off-base or to live in single room.
**A current listing of rental rates for this area can be found via the Monterey County Rental List.
You are required to coordinate with the Housing Services Office serving your new duty station before you make arrangements for renting, leasing, or purchasing any off-post housing.
The Housing Services Office is located at Building 4250 General Jim Moore Blvd, at the Ord Military Community (Former Fort Ord). The hours are 7:45am to 4:45pm Monday - Friday, Closed on Federal Holidays. The phone number is (831) 242-7979 or DSN 768-7979 and email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Officers (Students and Staff) have the choice of receiving BAH and reside off-base or reside in the DLI BOQ (depending on availability).
Note: Single officers desiring to stay in the BOQ should call the Reservations Office in advance to check for room availability. BOQ rooms are extremely limited so expect to live off-base.
All students and staff desiring temporary lodging should call 60 days in advance to make a reservation. 10 days TLA (Temporary Lodging Allowance) is authorized.
Army Lodging - Presidio of Monterey (831) 654-1199
for more information visit the POM Army Lodging Page on this website.
Please contact the reservations office approximately 60 days prior to desired date. Any changes in status or reservations, please call and have the changes reflected in your reservation to ensure the reservations is correct upon arrival.
Married Students and Staff usually live in Military Family Housing at the Presidio of Monterey Annex (formerly Ft. Ord). There are 1500+ housing units, operated by the Naval Postgraduate School.
IWTC Monterey Newsletter
The IWTC newsletter The Interpreter highlights the latest stories, photos and news events happening at the Information Warfare Training Command Monterey.
To view the September 2013 edition click here(PDF).
To view the July 2012 edition click here(PDF).
To view the December 2011 edition click here(PDF).
To view the August 2011 edition click here(PDF).