The 229th Military Intelligence Battalion (DLIFLC) facilitates the production of qualified warrior linguists and sustains Soldiers and their Families to support the operational force.
Lead an empowered and innovative organization that produces warrior-linguist in the Army to succeed in follow-on training and/or integrate into the operational force.
Commander's Priorities and Intent
- Create a safe and positive environment to succeed – SHARP
- Foster academic success and reduce attrition
- Balance academic and military training requirements
- Enforce standards and discipline
- Ensure Soldiers are physically, mentally, and spiritually/emotionally fit
- Develop agile and adaptive leaders
Enduring Key Tasks:
- 24/7 leadership
- Have competence, commitment, and character
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Take care of each other, our families, and the community
- Work as a team
End State: The 229th Military Intelligence Battalion partners effectively with the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center to achieve and maintain a 2/2/1+ production rate of 75% or greater and an attrition rate of less than 17%, and with 30% or greater of students completing DLIFLC achieving ILR 2+/2+/2. Soldiers and Family members experience a positive and safe environment for success. The battalion fosters a positive Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) and Equal Opportunity (EO) climate, conducive to the development of ready and resilient Soldiers and their Families.