The 229th Military Intelligence Battalion (DLIFLC) trains Soldiers in essential military skills and sustains Soldiers and their Families, enabling DLIFLC language education and providing the Army ready Soldier linguists.
Produce expert linguists for the Army who are:
- Soldiers First.
- Intelligence Professionals second to none.
Balance military and academic training; maximize the potential for soldier success in DLIFLC’s culturally based language education and training.
Promote the Warrior Ethos, lifelong learning, combat readiness, and the welfare of Soldiers and their families.
Empower agile and adaptive leaders to lead with initiative, courage, and discipline.
Engage the community positively as contributing citizens and neighbors.
Commander's Priorities and Intent
- Develop Leaders
- Mental, Physical, Moral Fitness (Discipline)
Enduring Key Tasks:
- Administratively and logistically support Soldiers.
- Train Soldiers and units.
- Develop leaders and promote teamwork.
- Certify leaders and trainers to ensure training adheres to doctrinal fundamentals and safety considerations.
- Set and maintain conditions that promote Soldier success in the DLIFLC’s culture based foreign language education and training.
Desired Endstate: Achieve a sustainable capability to provide all necessary support to Soldiers in the DLIFLC language programs; providing rigorous training in fundamental warrior tasks and battle drills; developing leaders among cadre and students; and graduating more than 80% of our student population with the sufficient language and military skills so they are ready Soldier linguists upon arrival at their next assignment.