The Presidio of Monterey Public Affairs Office is working hard to provide you with a quality web site that is user-friendly and informative. Any comments, questions or suggestions on how we can provide you with a better web product can be emailed at:
-STEVEN SHEPARD, Webmaster
PRIVACY AND SECURITY INFORMATION
- Information about individuals provided on this website is provided in compliance with appropriate regulations safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information, including the Privacy Act of 1974.
- The POM website is provided as a public service by the USAG Presidio of Monterey and the Department of Defense.
- Information presented on the POM website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please email the email@example.com
Cookie Disclaimer - The POM website does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). The POM website uses session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Presidio of Monterey DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners will not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
For more information about relevant privacy standards, see http://www.defenselink.mil/privacy/.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
U.S. Army Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Programs
***To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for Presidio of Monterey, California, this REQUEST FORM is provided to assist you.***
Please note: this form is not required for any FOIA request but is provided as a convenience.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests pertaining to POM should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Freedom of Information Act within the Department of Defense, please see the Requester Service Center at http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/.
Documents in .PDF or .PPT format
- Some documents on government websites are in Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF's allow you to view publications in their original format regardless of what type of computer, browser or operating system you use to access the Internet. In order to view, navigate through and print PDF documents, you must first download the free Acrobat Reader software. Instructions and a troubleshooting guide are available on the Adobe website. For best results, make sure you install version 3.0 or later of the Acrobat Reader. If you use a screenreader, you can download Adobe software to make PDF files more accessible.
- Free tools are available from the Adobe Corporation to assist visually impaired users at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html. This link is made available to assist in accessing .PDF files found on this site. No endorsement of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Systems, Inc., or warranty is implied or expressed.
- There are also free tools available from Microsoft Corporation to assist users in viewing Microsoft Powerpoint Files found on this web site. A .PPT viewer can be found at http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/ This link is made available to assist in accessing .PPT files found on this site. No endorsement of Microsoft Powerpoint or Microsoft Corporation, or warranty is implied or expressed.