For personnel with valid orders (PCS/ETS/TDY), the Transportation Office (TO) provides the following services:
- Arranges for the shipment of inbound and outbound household goods (HHG):
- Processes requests for "no fee" passports for personnel and their families.
- Coordinates official travel to CONUS and OCONUS destinations.
Additionally, the following information is provided to assist in your transportation:
- Do-It-Yourself (DITY) Moves
- Shipping Your POV
- Storing Your POV
- Travel Tips - Official Travel
- Travel Tips - Peak Season
- Other Storage Options - At Personal Expense
Household Goods--Inbound Shipments
If you have household goods (HHG) coming in, simply call (831)242-5096/5097 to arrange for a delivery date. Even if you do not have a delivery address, you still need to call these numbers to provide a telephone number, unit of assignment, etc.
If you want your HHG shipped from your Home of Record (HOR) to the Presidio of Monterey (POM), options available to you are:
- Coordinate your move with the TO. The POM TO sends required forms to the nearest TO where your HHGs are located. They arrange for the pickup date, to include contacting the person you have designated to release your property. You receive your HHG 4-5 weeks, from the date you start the paperwork. Telephone number to arrange for delivery is (831)242-5095/5096.
- Arrange for your HHG to be mailed through the US Postal Service, or other small package company. (Only recommended for HHG weighing less than 200 lbs). *Make a claim for reimbursement by submitting an original copy of the receipt, 5 copies each of orders which assigned you to the POM and the ones which placed you on active duty. Bring these to building 220, Monday-Friday, 0745-1145/1245-1645. The Defense Military Pay Office processes payment, on average, 4-6 weeks. Telephone number is (831)242-6362/5282.
Claims for Reimbursement: If you have already moved your HHG and wish to claim for a reimbursement, please follow the procedures listed above.
For further information, please click here for Inbound Household Goods
Household Goods--Outbound Shipments
Arrange for your HHG move at building 517 (next to the Post Office), PVT Bolio Road & Lawton Street. For the Transportation Office (TO) to arrange for your move, present copies of valid Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or End of Term of Service (ETS) orders. Because moving entitlements are complex and varied for each one, you need to present orders in person and discuss your options with a Shipment Counselor. Movers schedule pickup dates 5-10 working days from the date of your counseling appointment. If you do not have orders but are anticipating a move, you may pick up forms in advance, to include a copy of an "It’s Your Move" booklet. Please read this prior to your counseling session. For further information, please go click here to the Directorate of Logistics webpage on PCS/ETS/TDY.
Customer hours are from 0830-1245/1400-1600, Mondays through Fridays (excludes holidays). For further information, please click here for Outbound Household Goods.
It's Your Move - How to Prepare for Your Move
Shuttles are available to Service Members (SM) at no cost. On a space available basis, family members may use the service upon presentation of a valid military ID card.
DoD civilians are authorized to use the shuttle.
Comments on services or suggestions regarding bus stops and schedules, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the following link: http://ice.disa.mil/index.cfmSA.