Privatized Military Housing
The military privatized housing in the area, known as The Parks at Monterey Bay, is managed by Pinnacle, an American Management Company. There are two Main Housing Offices; one located at 1301 Leahy Road (La Mesa Village), Monterey, Calif. Telephone (831) 643-4200 or (866) 902-6613 (housing for E7-O6) and the other at Ord Military Community (E1-O4) located at 826 Corregidor Road, Seaside, Calif. (at the former Fort Ord) (831) 392-0110 or (866) 598-2655. Visit http://monterey.pinnaclefamilyhousing.com/ for both locations.
For our DoD Civilians: Housing is available at Moore's Landing, Ord Military Community (former Fort Ord) located at 328 Hatten Road, Seaside, Calif. Visit the website at http://www.mooreslanding.net or phone (831) 393-1101 or (866) 902-6552.
The Parks at Monterey Bay housing neighborhoods are located near the Presidio of Monterey/Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, Naval Postgraduate School, Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanographic Center, and Coast Guard Stations. These military housing neighborhoods are managed by Pinnacle to provide residents with extraordinary customer service. Many homes have ocean views and all are perfectly located to take advantage of the tremendous amenities available both within and outside the military neighborhoods. Golf courses, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, beaches, excellent restaurants, and access to outdoor recreational activities are all nearby. The newest housing area located at Ord Military Community is located directly across the street from the Commissary and Post Exchange.
The Parks at Monterey Bay welcomes all eligible military personnel, both accompanied and unaccompanied. Families and singles can choose from over 2,200 homes.
Amenities included with living at the Parks of Monterey Bay are:
- Utilities included (electricity, gas, water and garbage) *New homes (gas & electric) calculated using an average baseline
- Maintenance staff available to help residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to fitness facility and pool
- Tennis courts located within the Parks
- Four community centers available to reserve for parties, get-togethers and fun events
- Many playgrounds/tot lots located throughout the Parks
- Renters insurance included
- Two Beautification Centers within the Parks with lawn equipment for check-out
- Pet friendly community allowing each resident to have pets (some breeds are prohibited and there are some requirements on how many pets). No pet deposits.
- Full size washer and dryer hook-ups
- Jogging trail
- Many free resident events
To the OMC Housing Office, Take General Jim Moore Blvd South to Normandy Road. Turn right on Normandy Road. Continue to Monterey Road. Turn left on Monterey Road. The office is located on the corner of Monterey Road and Corregidor Road.
To get to the La Mesa Housing Office, take Highway 1 South to the Monterey exit. At the first traffic light, turn left onto Aguajito Road. Proceed through the next light and go past the Monterey County Court House. Turn right onto Farragut Road at the sign for La Mesa Village. Follow Farragut Road up to Leahy Road. Turn left on Leahy Road. The office is on the left.