Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program
Army SHARP information and resources:
These phone numbers are available to accept calls 24hrs/day 7 days a week
- DLIFLC: 831-242-3442
- DOD Hotline, 24/7, Safe Helpline: 877-995-5247
I have been sexually assaulted. What should I do?
If you have been sexually assaulted or think you have been:
- Go to a safe location away from the attacker.
- Contact your local Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) at 831-242-3442, Victim Advocate or healthcare provider. You may also contact your chain of command or law enforcement (military or civilian), *however* if you do, an investigation will occur and you will not have the option of making a Restricted Report (www.sexualassault.army.mil/what_to_do.cfm).
- Seek medical care as soon as possible. Even if you do not have any visible physical injuries, you may be at risk of becoming pregnant or acquiring a sexually transmitted disease.
- -Ask the healthcare provider to conduct a sexual assault forensic examination (SAFE) to preserve forensic evidence.
- -If you suspect you had been drugged, request that a urine sample be collected.
- Preserve all evidence of the assault. Do not bathe, wash your hands or brush your teeth. Do not clean or straighten up the crime scene.
- Write down, tape or record by any other means all the details you can recall about the assault and your assailant.
- U.S. Army Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program: www.sexualassault.army.mil/what_to_do.cfm