Terrorist Incident Predictors
- Personnel observed near the installation using or carrying video/camera/observation equipment with high magnification lenses.
- Personnel observed with installation maps or facility photos or diagrams with facilities highlighted or notes regarding infrastructure or listing of installation personnel.
- Personnel possessing or observed using night vision devices near the installation perimeter or local area.
- Personnel observed parking, standing, or loitering in the same area over a multiple day period with no apparent reasonable explanation.
- A noted pattern or series of false alarms requiring law enforcement and or emergency services response.
- Theft of military identification cards or government license plate off-base.
- Reports of military personnel being asked questions off base pertaining to the installation.
- Recent damage to an airport/military installation shared perimeter fence or gate such as significant holes or cuts.
- Computer hackers attempting to access sites with personal information, maps, or other targeting examples.
EXPLOSIVE ATTACK PREDICTORS:
- Explosives thefts or sales of (large amounts of smokeless powder, blasting caps, or high velocity explosives).
- Large amounts of high-nitrate fertilizer sales to non agricultural purchasers or abnormally large amounts to agricultural purchasers.
- Large theft/sales of combinations of ingredients for explosives (fuel oil, nitrates, etc) beyond normal.
- Theft/sales of containers (propane bottles, etc) or vectors (trucks, cargo vans, etc) in combination other indicators.
- Reports of explosions (potential pre-testing).
- Seizures of improvised explosive devices or materials.
WEAPONS ATTACK PREDICTORS:
- Theft/sales of large numbers of semi-automatic weapons.
- Theft/sales of ammunition capable of being used in military weapons.
- Reports of automatic weapons firing.
- Seizures of modified weapons or equipment used to modify weapons (silencers, etc).
- Theft/loss/sales of large caliber sniper weapons .50 cal or larger.
- Theft/sales/reported seizure of night vision equipment in combination with other indicators.
- Theft/sales/reported seizure of body armor in combination with other indicators.
- Theft/loss/recovery of large amounts of cash by groups advocating violence against government/civilian sector targets (applies to WMD as well).
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION PREDICTORS:
- Break-ins/tampering at water treatment or food processing/warehouse facilities.
- Solicitation for sales of or theft of live agents/toxins/diseases from medical supply companies or testing/experiment facilities.
- Persons stopped or arrested with unexplained lethal amounts of agents/toxins/diseases explosives.
- Multiple cases of unexplained human or animal illnesses especially those illnesses not native to the area.
- Large number of unexplained human or animal deaths.
- Sales (to non agricultural users) or thefts of agricultural sprayers or crop dusting aircraft, foggers, river craft (if applicable), or other dispensing systems.
- Inappropriate inquiries regarding explosives or explosive construction of personnel by unidentified persons.
- Inappropriate inquiries regarding local chemical/biological/nuclear sales/storage/transportation points.
- Inappropriate inquiries regarding heating and ventilation systems for buildings/facilities by persons not associated with service agencies.