Ord Military Community
Post-Wide Yard Sale
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 1 @ 10am - 1pm
WHERE: Joe Lloyd Way, Ord Military Community
Free admission to shop! Early Bird passess $5 pre-sale for 9:15am entry. Registration will be held in the Mayoral office located within the General Stilwell Community Center (between CYSS and the Ballroom). Registration open July 20-30 M&W 10am - 1pm and T&Th 6pm - 8pm, also Fri, July 31 10am-1pm & 6pm-8pm. DoD ID is required prior to July 27th. Cash or check only. Registration open to all non-military residents of Moore's Landing July 27-31. Click on image to view flyer for costs and addition information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Star Museums offers free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Here are a few of the 2,000+ participating museums:
- Santa Cruz: Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- Palo Alto: Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo
- San Jose: San Jose Museum of Art, History San Jose, Japanese American Museum of San Jose, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
- San Francisco: Children's Creativity Museum, de Young Museum, Legion of Honor, Walt Disney Family Museum, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- Sacramento: The California Museum, Crocker Art Museum Fairytale Town
For more information and the
complete list of participating
The 11th Cavalry Regiment, also known as the Blackhorse Regiment, was the unit that was posted to the Presidio for the longest period of time beginning at the time it was formed in 1901. The regiment’s first Commandant, Col. Francis Moore, is reported to have stated: “I have 400 men who have never seen a horse, I have 400 horses who have never seen a man, and I have 15 officers who have never seen a man or a horse.”